The MineFit Q3 Initiative: Releasing Stiff Joints and Strengthening Muscles
We are pleased to bring to our members a collaborative effort from the IMA-MA, our member-driven Task Force Committee, and our MineFit Head Coach, for the second half of 2016 with an innovative Health and Safety Program: MineFit. The primary goal for the third quarter initiative is to inform and guide in simple and easily-distributable ways the most successful ways to engage your workers and your organization to keep joints and muscles healthy.
• No Sick Days. Nobody wants to be sick or injured either on or off the job site. The goal is to reduce lost days due to sickness and injury and make sure people are not in pain.
• No Health Claims. Sometimes what you don’t know really can hurt you. The MineFit information to distribute on-site and to carry-out at home reduces healthcare and workers compensation claims for easily treated, minor issues. It essentially offers the cure before the call to the doctor.
• No General Malaise. Our research investigated the association between injury and on-site productivity using stretching programs and exercise information. There is heavy scientific correlation between healthy bodies and better work product and morale. Having a succinct stretching and training program embedded in the work day makes workers more aware of their bodies and in better control of their daily routine, which improves quality of work and life.
MineFit Q3 Initiative Highlights:
• On-Site Stretching Videos - Audio and Video to show on your job site, and instructions on when and how to disseminate information to engage employees in the most successful way. Health and Safety managers, Plant managers, and HR directors should all be on-board…Triangulation = Better Participation!
• Strength Training Guides for All Ages - Appreciate that employee needs differ according to age and job responsibility. Increasing strength for younger populations, maintaining bone mass for older populations, and improving stiff muscles and joints for all groups, is our objective. Health information will be distributed accordingly.
• Q3 Webinar: All Hands on Deck for 24/7 Health and Safety - How to weave in the MineFit materials to help employees on board, explain best tactics to disseminate information effectively, and create a timeline and structure for integrating ways to keep muscles and joints healthy for a 24/7 Health and Safety mindset. Join us on August 16th at 2:00 EST for this webinar.
Stay tuned for all MineFit's exciting news and information through Q3, including a Fitbit Giveaway!